Bristol-based recruitment company, Opus Talent Solutions, chose 8×8 as their phone system.
Who are Opus Talent Solutions?
Opus Talent Solutions is a global recruitment company and are already successful in the UK, Amsterdam, and Sydney. With US offices open in New York, Tampa, Austin and Dallas. Which are all deployed and supported by Blackstar.
What was the driver for change?
Opus were very happy with the telephony support they had already received from Blackstar previously, but their needs had changed, partly to do with the Covid-19 pandemic, which caused changing work patterns and global expansion.
The solutions Blackstar offered were;
- Zoom deployment with private licenses for meeting rooms to hold meetings, training, recording and webinars.
- 8×8 was to be implemented to allow the telephony to be unified globally in a single platform which is ready to scale.
- Poly VVX250 & VVX350 desk phones and Jabra headsets for all employees.
- Existing Microsoft Teams solutions for more flexibility in client communications with 8×8 integration.
Migrating to a new solution
Blackstar recognised that the previous solution in place, Starleaf, was not meeting their needs for videoconferencing, so they allowed Opus to leave the contract early with no penalty to migrate to Zoom. Opus are now on a monthly subscription license for every user, so all employees have their own private Zoom account so that they can join training sessions, use instant messenger and record meetings.
In the UK and Amsterdam, Opus had a legacy, privately hosted telephony system, which still had 18 months to run on the contract. Their telephony contracts were also coming up for renewal in Sydney and the US so both Opus and Blackstar agreed that the timing was right to move to a single global cloud platform instead of the UK, EU, USA & Australia all being on separate systems with different providers.
After an extensive evaluation, they decided on an 8×8 on an 8×8 solution. 8×8 is an established player in the global cloud telephony market and are top right of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS globally. 8×8 also have data centres in each of Opus’ international locations and where they plan to have a presence, so it was the perfect fit.
8×8 was a great solution for Opus because, for a global recruitment company, it also includes the bundling of international calls, which they make frequently. Blackstar looked at the territories that Opus call most frequently, and they have negotiated an excellent monthly cost.
Garry Watts, Head of Business Operations at Opus Talent Solutions commented,
“Opus opened the Dallas and Austin offices during the challenging pandemic and Blackstar were incredibly helpful and responsive, managing the logistics of hardware and software delivery in a short space of time, even when faced with supply chain issues.
Blackstar always prioritises what’s right for the client’s needs. They are very cooperative, agile and a nice team to work with. They feel like an extension of our team and are also technically strong. I see our relationship with Blackstar as a long-term partnership.”
Read the full Opus Talent Solutions case study here.
Why 8×8 is a great solution for recruitment companies:
- Never miss a call with mobile and desktop apps
- Make your agents more productive by integrating 8×8 with CRM solutions like Bullhorn
- Unlimited international calling to dozens of countries
- HD Video conferencing to meet with clients as if you were face to
- Integrate your existing software, such as MS teams and Zoom
- Real-time analytics to support performance
Why Zoom works so well for recruitment companies:
- Connect global and remote teams
- Streamline the recruitment process
- Reach a larger, more diverse group of talent
- Build a rapport with candidates quickly
Are you a recruitment company looking into 8×8 and Zoom?
If you are a recruitment company looking for a cloud telephony system which can integrate with your existing software such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams, fill out the form below to contact us.
Get in touch
Interested in one of our products or solutions? Fill out our details and we’ll contact you to discuss your requirements.