ShoreTel HQ, and Remote Servers require User Account Control (UAC) to be disabled, however starting with Windows 2012, it is no longer possible to disable UAC just by going to “User Account Control Settings” and selecting “Never Notify”; there is an additional step to disable UAC.
The registry path below will display an “EnableLUA” entry, which can be changed from a “1” to a “0” to disable UAC.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
You may also perform this via the GUI with the following steps:
1. Open Server Manager and Click Tools
2. Open Local Security Policy
3. Under Local Policies click on Security Options followed by User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode (by default, this will be Enabled).
4. Change this value to Disabled and apply
5. As seen in the Registry the key is now set to 0. This confirms UAC is now disabled on the server.